Tuesday 10 January 2017

DIY TeePee Storage

I'm getting ready to move into a house about half the size of my current place, so I have been scrolling through Pinterest like a mad woman!

I found a few different ways to store that excess toilet paper you get once you purchase it, but none that fit my criteria - simple, easy, using materials I already have, and more importantly - FREE!

I came across one that Stella made, and it's perfect!! She used materials she already had, and it's colorful!

So I gathered up my skewers, some tissue paper, and some yarn instead of ribbon (which I decided to braid).

First, I measured the stick against the toilet paper roll, and cut the pointy part off, since I can just picture the horror of sharp stick in the hands of a 4 year old!


Then, I measured the length of yarn I would need, and added a bit more since I would be braiding it and making a loop. Repeat twice for the 2 other braid strands. Then, I tied them all to the skewers and braided them. Once I got to the end, I made a loop and tied a few knots to ensure it would stay together with the weight of the TP.


Ta da!

{Daily Random Fact: Until coffee gained popularity, beer was the breakfast beverage of choice in most urban areas in the United States}

No comments:

Post a Comment